* I have been working with the SAQA Strategic Planning Study Group for six months and we are nearing the finalization of an important Report to the Board in April 2019 at the SAQA Conference, San Jose, California during their Annual Conference. A truly rewarding Experience.
* As Chair, SAQA Regional Grants Committee, I will be back on ZOOM meeting duty with a terrific Committee component working to consider Grants Applications from Regional Reps around the world for Special Events funding in 2019.
* I am weaving, learning FRINGELESS Weaving technique from Rebecca Mezoff and Susan Sweet and loving the process, https://rebeccamezoff.com/fringeless/
* and working on art for upcoming shows:
QUINTE FIBRE ARTISTS: "Evolving Traditions" at the Belleville Public Library, Opening February 21st with Reception on Saturday, February 23rd.
KINGSTON FIBRE ARTISTS: "Art Threads", Opening April 8th at the TETT Centre Community Gallery and up through the 5th of May! Several Special Events planned including Artists Walk and Talk and Demos on April 12th.
CONNECTIONS FIBRE ARTISTS: "re-Fashion" at Wellington County Museum and Archives, September 15, 2019 - January 5, 2020 (followed by an exhibition at the Bruce County Museum)
* I will be sharing some art fun at the KINGSTON SCHOOL OF ARTS February 26th, 9:30 am- 12:30 pm during their ART SAFARI Series. Details are here and I would love to have you join in on the fun!
* Three days with the TWILIGHT QUILTERS GUILD sharing Gelatin Printing and Flat dyeing and a trunk show for their Guild members in May will see me back home in my old neighbourhood of Waterford/Simcoe ON. Can't wait to see old friends.
* I am travelling to the KAWARTHA Yarn and Fibre Festival to share a workshop during their Fibre Fest this spring: "A WARP TO DYE FOR" will be presented on the afternoon of June 8th, 1-4 pm
* CQA/ACC Conference "Quilt Canada" will be held on June 12-15 in Ottawa ON, and is coming fast! As a Past President, I plan to attend, meet up with Board members and retired Board friends and study with some exciting Instructors along the way!
* I will be heading to QUILTING BY THE LAKE, the Annual Workshops Series for arts enthusiasts and quilters offered by the Schweinfurth Art Centre and held at the Onondaga College in Syracuse, NY to study with the incomparable BETTY BUSBY the week of July 22-26th - cannot wait and SAQA Central members Al Cote and Karen Siriani are in class too, so doubly wonderful!
So, along with the classes that I am teaching at the TETT Centre in February and March, I am busy in the studio, creating and cleaning/purging/organizing (this is THAT time of year) and looking forward to great walks in the out of doors as weather permits.
Hope your world is fun and arts focused.